SimpleLogin is a email aliasing service. Which basically means you can create as many emails as you want* and all those emails would land on single inbox. I’ve been using SimpleLogin for over a year now. Here’s my evaluation of the service.
My Use Case
As someone who cares about privacy, and had personal emails leaked in data breach previously, I treat emails just like my passwords. I don’t want fifty different companies to know my email address just so they can send me marketing emails. Also if you use same email everywhere its pretty easy to stalk you online. Anyone who has your email address would be able to know if you use (or have account) certain website. I don’t want others to know which website I visit or which website I have an account.
Another use case for me is the ability to add my own custom domain in their premium plan. It is better than any other method of hosting email on your own domain. You get unlimited email address, unlimited domains, ability to turn on catch all, you can even use regex while creating emails using catch all. All the emails I recieve from different website through different email address lands on my protonmail. I can manage my emails from a single place.
Features That I like
SimpleLogin is a powerful tool. And probably one of the most feature rich way of managing emails. Here’s list of all the features that I like in SimpleLogin.
- They have apps for all devices that I use.
- Unlimited custom domain on their premium plan, No one that I know of gives unlimited domain for that cheap.
- One Click Unsubscribe: Have you seen those unsubscribe button on gmail? If you have recieved an email which has been forwarded thorugh SimpleLogin you can click that unsubscribe button and simplelogin would disable that alias for you. Pretty handy right?
- Ability To import and export: Simplelogin lets you to export all your aliases created with your domain. That means in future if I need to move away from simplelogin it would be much easier.
- Ability to use RegEx while creating emails with catch all: This means you can make a complex pattern that only you would know, and new emails would be created when that pattern matches only. It is useful if you are worried about spam when enabling catch all.
- Ability to use PGP: You can enable pgp to your mailbox. all incoming and outgoing emails would be encrypted using pgp.
- Ability to block single email address: If there is one guy spamming you and you don’t want to disable the alias for some reason, you can block that email address in simplelogin.
This is some of the features of simplelogin that I use everyday. It has made my life a lot easier, I can reach inbox zero easily. Also now I do not worry about spam when giving out my email to some shady websites. I love SimpleLogin and going to continue using it. If you have never used simplelogin, I urge you to try it out first. Their free plan is very generous.